Scholarships & Awards
1. In-affordability ScholarshipA limited number of scholarships on the basis of poverty-cum-merit are awarded under this scheme. Scholarships are awarded by a Scholarship Award Committee. Comprising of the following:
2. Fee Concession and Other Financial Assistance
Free ship in tuition fee may be granted to a maximum of 15 deserving students on the recommendations
of the Scholarships award Committee. When two or more brothers or sisters are studying in the University, then the one in
the higher class shall pay full tuition fee and other only half of the fees.
3. Free Ship in Rationalized Fee
Ten students in each of the following Departments of the University run on rationalized fee structure
shall be awarded Scholarships of Rs.21,000/- per semester on merit at the time of admission for first semester.
The Scholarships shall be awarded inaffordablity/merit basis. Scholarships holders will have to pay normal fee/user
charges of the University.
4. Cash Awards to Talented Student
In order to recognize merit, and encourage academic competition among students,
the following cash awards will be granted to students who secure first, second and third position in each semester of
5. Award for the Best Student Project
In order to encourage final year students to take interest in the Project Work and improve its quality,
the Syndicates has approved the following rules for the award of best student project.
i) There shall be one award comprising of cash prize, certificate and shield for the group members of the best project in each discipline. The shield inscribed with the names of the group members shall be kept in the respective department.
ii) The award shall be given on the basis of recommendations of the Selection Committee. Best project for the award shall be evaluated by a Selection Committee for each department.
6. Gold Medals
Gold medals shall be awarded to students in each discipline who fulfill the following conditions:
i) Pass all the University Examinations in first attempt and complete the course within eight consecutive semesters after joining the first semester.
ii) Secure at least 3.75 CGPA
iii) Stand first aggregate in term of marks obtained in all examinations, in their respective disciplines. In the event of the between two or more students, more than one gold medal will be award.
7. Presidential Awards
Two cash prizes of Rs. 5,000/- each are awarded by the President of Pakistan (one to a student from the
Tribal Areas and one from Settled Districts) to students who secure the highest position in the Bachelor of Engineering Examination.
8. Merit Scholarships
The students of 3rd, 5th, 7th semesters of B.Sc Engineering in each discipline and 5th, 7th, and 9th semesters of B.Arch. will be awarded university merit scholarships. These scholarships will be awarded on the basis of results of the preceding examinations, provided that the students qulifying for this award are not receiving any other scholarship or financial assistance in any form from any source. No merit scholarship will be awarded to students with CGPA less than 2.00.
9. Financial Assistance to Deserving Students
The following agencies provide financial assistance to deserving students on merit/in affordability basis:
1. Frontier Education Foundation
2. Professional Education Foundation
3. Mora Scholarship from zakat fund
4. HEC Need based scholarships
5. Dr. Omer Hayat Trust fund
6. Karwan-e-ilm foundation
7. USAID Merit & Need Based Scholarships
8. HEC German Need Based Scholarships
9. Diya Foundation Scholarships
10. London Foundation Scholarships
11. National Bank of Pakistan Loan Scheme
12. Chief Minister Scholarships for needy students
13. Fast Cables Merit Scholarships
14. Prime Minister National ICT Scholarships