The World of Telecommunication is evolving so rapidly that the devices and techniques that are new today will be toolss you
are expected to understand and use by the time you graduate. Because of the relentless drive of the technological evolution, you need to understand
the fundamental principles underlying the technologies, be skilled in their application and be able to adapt rapidly to technological changes throughout your career.
The department currently offers B.Sc. Telecommunication Engineering programme which is in conformance with the guidelines of the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan. The B.Sc. programme is a broad based course which aims to produce well rounded engineers with high level of analytical and engineering design skills. Graduates will develop a sound knowledge of all aspects of Telecommunication Engineering and related areas.
The vision of the Department of telecommunication Engineering is to be acknowledged as one of the premier teaching and research Institutions in the country for the educating of telecommunication engineers and other professionals for the telecommunication industry.
The field of Telecommunication Engineering is rapidly evolving with new technology standards introduced regularly. The mission of the B.Sc. Telecommunication Engineering program is to produce well-rounded engineers who are deemed to meet the requirements of the industry and R&D organizations.
- Academic Programs
- - B.Sc. Telecommunication Engineering
- - M.Sc. Telecommunication Engineering
- - Ph.D. Telecommunication Engineering
- - Electronics Lab
- - Telecommunication Systems Lab
- - Computer Lab
- - FYP Lab
- - Electric Circuit Lab
- - Fiber Optics Lab
- - Digital Electronics lab
- - Control System Lab
- - Measurement & Instrumentation Lab
- - Microprocessor and interfacing Lab
The Department of telecommunication engineering is at the forefront of innovation and excellence in Engineering through consistent and expanding research. Our faculty members have successfully collaborated with the local and international industry to design Engineering solutions for our local Problems.
1. The department received a research grant of Rs. 25.5 million from the ICT R&D Fund Islamabad, for the project called "Crop Estimation and Geographic Mapping System" (CEGMaS). Project CEGMaS focused on identification and classification of tobacco crop and its seven species through the use of advance image processing techniques over Hyper spectral satellite imagery providing tobacco crop yield estimates to various stakeholders of the Tobacco industry and the Government's regulatory bodies. CEGMaS was a collaborative research project of UET. Peshawar and the Pakistan Space & Upper Atmosphere Research Commission (SUPARCO). The project also helped in offering internship0s to students from the department as well as providing funding for 2 PhD studentships.
2. Some projects have matured into commercial applications and product, such as MySmart Remote (http://pk.mysmartremote.com/).
3. An MoU has been signed in February 2017 by University of Engineering & Technology, Peshawar and Xidian University. China to cooperate in the key technology development and implementation of the high-end meteorology radar. A Joint proposal with an estimated budget of USD. 650 Million, is already submitted to Ministry of Science and technology, China, which is under review. This project will provide an opportunity to the UET Peshawar to give technological assistance and cooperation in the world's largest project (CPEC).