The knowledge of mechanical engineering is used to build useful products and devices for
society. This can range from a device as small as a catheter injected into the human body, to a fax machine or printer, to a modern jet engine, to as large as a power plant for a
Mechanical engineering encompasses the generation, conversion, transmission, and utilization of mechanical and thermal energy. This includes design, construction, and operation of all kinds of mechanical and thermal devices and systems. Of all the engineering offers the greatest breadh, flexibility and individuality. Indeed, Mechanical Engineering education is an ideal preparation for working and living in a technological world.
- Academic Programs
- - B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering
- - M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering
- - Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering
Syllabus of Mechanical Engineering
Industrial visits are regularly conducted every year to broaden the horizon of students and to appraise them with the industry of Pakistan.
- Laboratories Practical work in laboratories is an essential part of the curriculum. Almost all subjects taught are augmented by practicals in the laboratories. The Department is supported by well-equipped labortories having state-of-the-art machinery and equipment. It has the following laboratories:
- - Thermodynomaics & Fuels laboratory
- - Power Plants Laboratory
- - Fluid Mechanics Laboratory
- - Refrigeration Laboratory
- - Heat Transfer Laboratory
- - Metallurgy Laboratory
- - Computer Laboratory
- - Automobile Laboratory & Fuel Laboratory
- - Instrumentation & Control Laboratory
- - Impact Research Laboratory
- - rapid proto-typing Laboratory
The Department has three well-equipped computer laboratories with networked PCs. Latest CAD and simulation software prepare the students to be well versed with current computer applications.
Faculty is actively involved in research in the areas of vibration, design, stress analysis, materials engineering, impact analysis, mechanisms and applications of artificial Laboratories Intelligence in mechanical engineering.