The Department of Computer Science & Information Technology offers undergraduate and graduate courses leading to
the award of Bachelor of Science and Master of Science in
Computer Science respectively. It owes its emergence to the relentlessly growing demand of professionals with expertise in
areas of computers, communications and information processing technologies. The Department of CS & IT enjoys full support of
the engineering departments. Students work in laboratories equipped with state-of-art
computer systems running a wide range of applications and specialized software supporting the courses. The department
strongly supports the idea of using modern audio visual aids to enhance the learning
capabilities of students and provides them a stimulating and challenging environment
essential for high quality education. The graduates of this department will be able to
meet the highest standards of training for leadership in computer science and information technology and to capitalize on
the huge IT market of the 21st century. The Department of Computer Science & Information Technolgy i concerned with the thery, desing, development of computer Science & Information
is concerned with the theroy, design, development and application of computer science and infromation processing techniques.
- Mission The mission of the CS & IT department is:
- To educate undergraduate and gradute majors as well as the broader campus community in the fundamental concepts of the computing disciplinces, to create and disseminate computing knowledge and technology, and to use our expertise in computing to help solve societal problems.
- Excellence in research - achieved by tackling problems of real-world complexity of real-world complexity - with the potential for significant long-term impact on the fields of computer science and multidisciplinary computing.
- Excellence in eduation by providing the nation with computer scientists having a core of knowledge allowing them to adapt to a rapidly changing technology and provide industry, universities and government with the next generation of leaders in the field.
- Excellence in working with industry, government, educators and the community to advance computing and to serve the needs of these organizations and groups.
The Department has the following well-equipped laboratories with latest PCs & Sun Micro Systems, equipped with the latest development software and tools. These laboratories have also been connected with the Digital Resources Library of the HEC to provide latest resources and information to the students as well as to the facutly members of the department.
Industrial visits are arranged on regular basis. The major objective of these visits is to enable the students gain first hand knowledge of the application and developments in their fields of specializations.
Study tours related to the courses offered are arranged for students during the semester. This helps them explore the practical aspects of their subjects along side the theory taught.
Department arranges internship during the summers for practical training of the students. Internships are arranged both in Government and Private sector organizations.