Department of Civil Engineering Jalozai Campus
The courses of study leading to the Degree of B.Sc. civil engineering have been planned to offer a broad spectrum of civil engineering subjects. The curriculum lays emphasis on subjects of structures, irrigation, geotechnical, transportation engineering,
environmental engineering and hydraulics. These courses include laboratory and design work.
The prescribed syllabi and examination standards compare favorably with the standard of under-graduate work developed in UK, USA and Canada. In addition to course work, the final year students are required to work on a project under the guidance of senior faculty members. Study tours and extension lectures are also arranged during the session for the benefit of the studens. Second year or third year students during their summer break and final year students after passing the final examination in civil engineering may work with some recognized organizations, registered with PEC or government department or semi-government department to acquire practical training of 800 hours for award of degree.
University Vision Statement:
To be among the top-ranking universities of the world through education, research and innovation.
University Mission Statement:
To produce highly qualified, well-rounded professionals through education who play a leading role in the society by powering and driving knowledge-based economy and offer research services and innovation for sustainable development.
Department Mission Statement:
To equip civil engineers by inculcating professional attitude and skills for producing safe, economical, innovative and sustainable solutions for civil infrastructure of national and international needs.
- Department Program Educational Objectives Statement: Civil Engineering program at the university of Engineering and Technology Peshawar aims to produce Graduates who possess the following capabilities after 4 years of graduating:
- 1. Exhibit engineering knowledge and skills to meet the requirements of society.
- 2. Exhibit professional and ethical behavior to manage civil engineering problems.
- 3. Exhibit strong interpersonal, communication and management skills as leaders and contributors in their profession.
- 4. Engage in lifelong learning to meet Civil engineering challenges faced by the society.
- Department Program Learning Outcomes are: The PLOs are adopted from the PEC accreditation manual (2014) are as under:
- 1. Civil engineering knowledge
- 2. Analysis of problems
- 3. Design/development of solutions
- 4. Problem investigation
- 5. Modern tool usage
- 6. Impact on society
- 7. Environment and sustainability
- 8. Professional ethics
- 9. Individual and team work
- 10. Communication skills
- 11. Project Management
- 12. Life-Long learning
- Academic Programs
- - B.Sc. Civil Engineering
Field visits to Civil Engineering projects of national importance are arranged for students. Each year students and concerned faculty members visit facilities and projects with a high technical merit.
Each year field course in surveying and leveling is arranged for students of third year Civil Engineering for a period of three weeks for experience. The course includes hands-on work in contouring, triangulation, fly leveling and plane tabling.
- Laboratories The Department is supported by well-equipped labortories having state-of-the-art machinery and equipment. It has the following laboratories:
- - Environmental Laboratory
- - Hydraulics Laboratory
- - Concrete Laboratory
- - Soil Mechanics Laboratory
- - Applied MechanicsLaboratory
- - Material Testing Laboratory
- - Surveying Laboratory
- - Transportation Laboratory
- - Drawing Hall